KEY ITEMS: Appointment of the Equity Officer, Adoption of FY2020 Recommended Budget, & Approval of Employee Raises
7:25 PM Public Comment
- Up to 30 members of the community may speak for 2 minutes
8:35 PM Public Hearing: Budget and Tax Rate
- Contact Superintendent’s Office for questions regarding public hearing sign up
9:05 PM Consent Agenda
- Business & Finance
- Contracts for private duty nursing services, property insurance, law enforcement body cameras, school mental health centers, and professional development services
- Final budget amendment for FY2018-2019
- Approval of Vendor List for 21st century learner furniture
- Human Resources
- MOU between AISD and University of North Texas, AISD and University of Reno, Nevada, and AISD and A&M University-Kingsville
- Appointment of Principal of Hill ES
- Appointment of Equity Officer for AISD, read the job description here
- Items for Separate Vote
- MOU with UT to provide UT Speech-Language Pathology students educational experience utilizing the personnel, equipment, and facilities of AISD
- MOU with OnRamps, a blended learning initiative at UT
- Adoption of proposed Texas Association of School Boards’ advocacy agenda
9:35 PM Superintendent’s Report
- Adoption of the recommended FY2020 budget
- Approval of AISD employee compensation plan to provide 7% base salary increase to teachers with more than 5 years experience, and a 6% base salary increase to all other existing employees effective July 1, 2019.
- Approval of revisions to the student dress code policy; read about how school staff will enforce the dress code here.
- Lucy Read update: AISD is currently reviewing the option of co-locating a specialty pediatric clinic for students at Rosedale at Lucy Read.