1. Public Comment:
- 22 of 30 slots filled, speakers voiced support for affordable housing at the Allan Center property and having registered nurses at every campus.
2. Consent Agenda & Considerations:
- Consent Agenda passed unanimously
- Resolutions to designate 5 district-owned property as surplus and authorize for sale passes 8-0-1, with Trustee Cowan abstaining
- Trustee Elenz included an addition of language ensuring that their original intent, as outlined in the March 2016 resolution, is upheld in the sale of these properties: to expand academic offerings, increase the availability of affordable housing, and ensure that sale is fiscally advantageous.
- Austin school district approves $53 million in land sales, including for HQ site & Baker Center
- Selection of contractor and award of contract for Energy Savings Performance passed unanimously
- Trustees asked for results of this study to share with public
- Selection of contractor and award of contract for renovations at Dobie MS passed 7-1-1, Trustee Elenz opposes and Trustee Cowan abstained.
- Literacy First agreement and approval of CodeNEXT Resolution passes 8-0-1 with no discussion, Trustee Wagner abstained
- Agreement with The University of Texas for UTeach Outreach programs passes 7-0-2, Trustee Gordon and Trustee Elenz abstained
3. Superintendent’s Report:
- Presented a timeline for some bond construction projects. Trustee Gordon questioned the certainty with which this timeline was presented when he was under the impression that the bond projects, specifically school closings, needed community input before finalizing.