1. Public Comment:
- 20 slots were filled, remaining slots filled by waitlist
2. Public Hearing: 18-19 TEA Improvement Plans
- One person signed up to speak
3. Consent Agenda & Considerations
- Consent Agenda items 10.1 – 15.3 pass unanimously 7-0-0, Trustee Elenz was absent from the meeting
- Increased student-to-teacher ratios of 23-to-1 at Lee ES and Highland ES
- Targeted Improvement Plans (TIP) for four Improvement Required (IR) schools: Widen ES, Sadler Means YWLA, Graduation Prep Academy @ Travis, and Rosedale. See all plans under Item 10.2 on BoardDocs.
- New interim principal at Akins: Tina Salazar
- Item 16.1 Partnership with UT for Student Teacher Preparation, approved 6-0-1. Trustee Gordon abstained due to his connection to UT
4. President’s Report
- Public disclosure of the number of continuing education credits each trustee has earned
- Board voted to extend Dr. Cruz’s contract an additional year 6-1-0. Trustee Gordon voted no, reading these remarks, posted to Twitter.
- Austin school board gives Superintendent Paul Cruz 1-year contract extension; Austin American Statesman